Do to the recent outcry for supporting documents regarding the allegations on one of our recent articles; below is a snippet of the 40+ page packet that was presented when Job’s Daughters Leadership used opinions rather then factual evidence to make decisions against active bethels and adults that put their faith in the percepts the organization teaches to the membership. Ultimately the decision was made to push these members out. (More to come very soon, including documented correspondence).
Bylaws – SGC Article XXI Discipline
Section 1. SGC Members (a) Any member of the SGC may be cited by the Supreme Guardian, or the Executive Manager if the latter is requested to do so by two (2) or more members of the Executive SGC. Member(s) so cited shall appear before a called session of the Executive SGC to show cause why she/he should not be reprimanded, removed from office, suspended, or expelled for a violation of the laws of the Order, or for conduct unbecoming an adult leader of the Order. (b) The citation shall be issued only after receipt of written charge(s) filed with the Supreme Guardian or Executive Manager stating specifically the nature of the charge(s). A copy of the charge(s) shall accompany the citation. (c) The Executive SGC shall, at a time and place designated, hear all evidence offered against and on behalf of the accused, and all arguments, and shall then determine the guilt or innocence of the accused. If the accused shall be found guilty of the charge(s), the Executive SGC shall fix the penalty. Both decisions shall require a majority vote.
I was never notified under which process I was removed as ABG, and prohibited from all involvement from AZJDI. Under SI 15 if a grievance was filed against me according to statement b of SI 15 appeals and grievances no discussion occurred with me. And, no statements of my defense were considered. Disciplinary action was the first effort not the last effort made by the SGC.
Under bylaws SGC XXI – Discipline – If two or more members of SGC requested me to be suspended, removed from office due to a violation or due to conduct unbecoming an adult leader at no time did SGC schedule a hearing with me to hear my argument or allow me to prove my innocence of the accused actions. Under bylaws BGC if the Supreme Guardian acted on her own to remove me from office, I question why when I e mailed her to reconsider this action, she stated that it was not within her power to rescind the decision.
- I was never called before the SGC to defend myself.
- I never received a copy of the offenses / allegations made against me prior to my suspension.
- There was never a hearing to hear all evidence offered on behalf of the accused.
- No argument was made on my behalf to prove guilt or innocence.
- There is no proof or evidence of insubordination, misconduct, or unlawful withholding or retention of any property of a Bethel.
- My removal and suspension was the first and only effort taken by the ESGC.
- I was never contacted by a Special Deputy or anyone to conduct an investigation into any allegations made.
If we practice what we teach which is to resolve conflicts with fairness and justice and disciplinary actions should be used after all other methods have failed please see my letter to the Supreme Guardian
(Appendix A Email to Supreme Guardian)
. SI-15 Appeals and Grievances
- The purpose of our Order is to teach. It is vital that conflicts be resolved with fairness and justice, making disciplinary action a last effort, used only after all other methods have failed.
At no time there has ever been an attempt at conflict resolution, I was never given the opportunity to have my side of the allegations heard, and as outlined in SI-15 disciplinary action should be used as a last resort. In my case, it was the first and only measure taken. I ask the appeals and grievances committee to review the evidence within this packet and make a ruling to reverse the decisions put place by the ESGC on my suspension.